The GlobalNOC OS
Mission: Why do we exist?
“Advance the future of research, education, and the public interest through the support and evolution of networks”
Vision: Where are we going?
The 4 things that mean success
- Every client is successful, and we’re indispensable to their success
- We’re serving everyone in our community who will benefit from our help
- We’re one of our community’s thought leaders, help the community thrive
- We’re advancing the technology of cyberinfrastructure and its management
Culture: Who do we want to be?
Rule 1: We start with the client
Rule 2: We succeed together
Rule 3: Progress > Perfection
Rule 4: We’re driven for mastery and improvement
Who do we serve?
- Strong R/E component
- Operational support of cyberinfrastructure
- Seeking long-term partner
- willing/desiring to use our basic model
Value we provide
- Superior Responsiveness in all interactions
- Customized Solutions for each client
- High-Trust through open sharing and candor
- Sharing of total best practices from all clients
- Common goals, mission, and community
Our strategy to deliver
- Break tension between intimacy, growth, and best practice sharing
- Separate activities: intimate client relationship + knowledge transfer between clients
- Separate activities: creating standard, general use building blocks +
- creating custom solutions with building blocks
- Who reports to whom?
- Who makes decisions?
- How much do we charge?
- How much say do clients have?
- Et cetera.